Selling your home

If you decide to sell your Shared Ownership property, the process is a little different...

Firstly, you will need to obtain a valuation from a MRICS (Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) qualified surveyor.

You will need to pay for this valuation. We will need to approve the valuation and sales literature before you start marketing your home.

Under certain leases there is specific criteria for who you are able to sell your home to (eg. First option to local people) it is important that you check your lease before instructing estate agents to market your home.

To increase your options, you are advised to advertise your resale shared ownership property with the local 'Help to Buy' agent  who retain a list of interested purchasers. For the North West Area this is:

Gold IIP Award Brand Mark

St Vincent’s Housing Association Limited is registered as a charitable community benefit society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 with registered number 19947R , and as a Registered Provider with the Social Housing Regulator with registered number L0875, whose registered office is at Metropolitan House, 20 Brindley Road, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 9HQ